Today I volunteered to audition to sing the National Anthem at the next Cowboys game. When I raised my hand everyone was a bit surprised and the commander asked if I could sing. I responded in the affirmative so he had me sing in front of the Company. Definitely not my hottest performance. I forgot the rest of the anthem halfway through. So not a good example of my potential success.
Aside from that, I may finally be making some headway on getting the heck out of Texas. I did my phase 1 physical and my phase 2 physical is next week. That in tandem with a mental evaluation and I'll be ready to start clearing, turning in gear and packing things up to move back to Washington. Everybody keeps telling me "you should just ride out your time" but I'm rather certain its not an option at this point. I've been told on four separate occasions that I'm "poisoning the unit". So we'll just have to wait and see. Besides, I don't think I can stand another two years of this crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment